Wishing you a Happy New Year! If you’re making new year resolutions to be healthier this year, be sure to add these skin care resolutions to your list. Here are skin care tips to welcome a new year of healthy, glowing skin.
5 Skin Care Resolutions to Stick to:
1) Reduce stress Resolve to live this year as stress-free as possible. Overworking yourself will only strain your body and add wrinkles. Cortisol, also known as “the stress hormone” – wreaks havoc on the skin, contributing to adult acne, premature aging, redness and both overly dry or overly oily skin. If you’re naturally a worry-bug, then be sure to have an anti-aging skin care routine to help combat the signs of aging.
2) Get 8 hours of sleep every night When you sleep, your body expels the toxins that are detrimental to your skin. Sufficient sleep keeps away dark circles and baggy eyes, and revitalizes you for the next day. Sleep is also when your skin renews itself – which is why you can look so refreshed after a good night’s sleep.
3) Moisturize immediately after showering A hot shower or bath can feel great but will also dehydrate your skin. Make it your skin care resolution to always moisturize! Indulge your skin with this light-weight luxurious hydrating oil Mystiq iLuminating Beauty Oil will help keep your face hydrated, apply immediately after a wash to lock in extra moisture, and follow with Bio Lift Creme. Don't forget about your body! Skincare doesn't stop at the face, Body Silk Souffle This rich whipped body creme is infused with silk, skin nourishing vitamins and, botanical oils to restore and lock in moisture all day.
4) Clean your makeup brushes regularly One reason behind breakouts and clogged pores is the buildup of bacteria and oils on your makeup brushes. Use a mild soap and warm water to clean your brushes and sponges once a week to wash off makeup, dirt and oil.
5) Stick with the routine Once you start a new skin care routine, give it time to work. Your skin will need time to rejuvenate and for new, healthier skin cells to appear after the dry, older cells are shed. Being consistent in using the same products is critical in order to see results. Dermatologists will tell you it takes at least 4 weeks to start seeing results, with significant benefits after 8-12 weeks. The longer you stick to an effective regimen, the better the results will be! Be patient and you should see your skin glowing and younger looking in as little as 4 weeks.
What are your skin care resolutions? Share with us in the comments!